Portfolio:

Friday, August 28, 2015

Boy do I have a LOT to catch up on!!

These two photos were from about 6 months ago. My dad and I went for a drive to Tri-Cities, WA and found this really cool abandoned house off the side of the road. We both agreed it was something that needed to be photographed and I'm so glad we did. The whole house was sagging in the middle so the floor dipped down on the inside. It really made for a cool fun house effect! Its places like these that really make me wish I knew the history behind it.


I had the opportunity to visit my dad's home town of Susanville, CA. Its off the beaten path about 80 miles west of Reno. My dad has told me a million times about how he and his brothers would always climb to the top of Thompson Peak.... I always pictured like a large HILL or something, and then while we were down there my dad and my uncle DROVE me to the top of Thompson Peak and I was shocked at how casually my dad talked about climbing it. Its HUGE! There's a fire lookout at the top and so I went exploring. You can pretty much predict that there will be an old mattress skeleton at any abandoned location...


This was a totally lucky shot!!

Here is the fire lookout. My dad is up on top of the lookout and my uncle is the one with the red rag hanging out of his pocket haha!

An old runner board for an old truck

Here is my grandparents and all of their kids but 2. One wasn't able to make it and the other past away years ago. My dad is on the far right.It was so fun to see everyone again!

Yesterday was the baby's first birthday!!! So I decided to do a little photo shoot with the girls. They turned out SO CUTE!!








0 comments: